Sole Proprietorship in India
Sole Proprietorship in India, is a one-man organization under which one can owns, manages & Controls of a business.
One of the primary benefit of sole proprietorship in India is that it registration is not required. No fees to be paid for starting a sole proprietorship business in India & no government paperwork & compliance to be fulfilled. No minimum capital investment requires in sole proprietorship in India & Sole proprietor in India has full control and ownership stake.
You get to keep entire profit or income you generate. Furthermore, the tax benefits of sole proprietorship in India prevent double taxation. You will file returns & pay taxes only in your name. There are no separate income tax returns for sole proprietorship in India. Only separate profit & loss account & balance sheet is prepared for sole proprietorship business in India.
Registration for Sole Proprietorship Business in India
You don’t need to register your sole proprietorship in India. But in order to receive payments in the name of the business, you need to open a current account in a bank. For this, you will need proof of existence of the firm, and the address proof. Documents needed include:
1. Pan card copy of proprietor
2. Aadhar card copy of proprietor
3. Business address proof (eg: electricity bill in your name, or electricity bill + registered rental agreement, etc.)
4. GST number
5. Passport size photo of Proprietor
GST Registration of Sole Proprietorship
In the GST regime, business having more than 40 Lakhs is required to register as a normal taxable person. This process is called GST Registration of Sole Proprietor in India.
Who require for GST Registration of Sole Proprietor in India?
Following persons require for GST Registration of Sole Proprietor in India
1. Business with turnover above the threshold limit of Rs. 40 Lakhs
2. Casual taxable persons
3. Non Resident taxable persons
4. Agents & Input service distributor
5. Person paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
6. Person who supplies via e-commerce
Penalty for non Registration under GST of Sole Proprietorship
An offender not paying tax or making short payment has to pay a penalty of 10% of tax amount due subject to a minimum of Rs. 10,000/-
Penalty will be at 100% of the tax amount due when the offender has deliberately evaded paying taxes.
GST Registration process of Sole Proprietor in India?
“eTax Guru” will help you to get your GST number under Sole Proprietor in India
Documents require for GST Registration of Sole Proprietorship in India
Following Documents require for GST Registration of Sole Proprietor in India
1. PAN Card
2. Aadhar Card
3. Passport Size Photo (JPEG Format, max-100 KB)
4. Bank Account Details- Cheque image or Passbook copy
5. Address Proof*
6. Mail Id & Mobile Number
7. Business Name
Upload anyone of following for address proof for GST registration of Sole Proprietor in India
1. Property Tax Receipt
2. Electricity Bill Copy
3. Ownership deed ( In case of owned property)
4. Lease/ Rent Agreement (In case of rented property) [along with (1) & (2)]
5. Consent Letter/ NOC from owner (in case of consent arrangement or shared property [along with (1) & (2)]